This post is dedicated to María from the blog Muchochupchup, a magnificent illustrator.
A few months ago, I read a proposal about a calendar that was going to contain illustrations depicting Spanish bloggers.
When María told me that I would be included in the calendar, I was delighted and began to chose my look that would be the inspiration for the illustration.
These are the clothes that I chose for the winter look.
Hat by Maison Michel
White high collared sweater
White skinny jeans
High boots by Stuart Weitzman
And the result:
A million thanks to Maria, the result is great and captures my style.
What do you think? Do you like it?
Here you can download the calendar as a screensaver:
This winter knee high and even boots that reach the thighs are more fashionable than ever.
Undoubtedly this is due to Mr. Stuart Weitzman and his famous model boots (highland and 5050).
Many times we love foreign designers and fashion houses without realizing that their products (especially footwear) are actually manufactured in Spain. This is the case with these made in Spain boots.
Stuart Weitzman’s father had a shoe factory in Massachusetts in 1950. When he was 20, Stuart began designing shoes for his father.
When his father died in 1965 Stuart and his brother Warren took over the business. The brothers sold the business to a Spanish company in 1972 but SW still desigs shoes for the brand.
In 1994 Stuart Weitzman bought back his company and continues to manufacture his designs in Spain.
Running out of time to buy Christmas gifts or don’t know what to buy this year? Friendly Madrid can help.
Here are some affordable suggestions for gifts:
1. Barcelona based Mr. Wonderful makes very original and fun agendas and mugs. Available through their online store.
2. Mobile phone cases like these wood or Pantone options make for great gifts.
3. Diptyque candles: we love this brand, especially Baies and Santal fragrances.
4. A jacket in fashionable pink, from Stradivarius, just in time for Christmas.
5. Attractive home decor from Natura.
6. Lipstick and blush from Nars or Chloé Roses perfume.
7. Sneakers from New Balance.
And our other list of more expensive gifts:
1. High black boots by Stuart Weitzman (available also in grey).
2. Black leather boots (with wedges) by Jimmy Choo.
3. We love these shoes by Carolina Herrera in black and white.
4. Givenchy Antigona bag available in different colours.
5. Madrid based Becara has lovely home furnishings.
6. The new Iphone 5s.